Wednesday 6 May 2009

Football

There is a ball, 22 pairs of feet and 2 goals - thats almost all there is to it in a game of football! One of the simplest sports the world has seen. And yet, it remains the most popular sport. I for one, am not fond of it and I have my reasons!

I find it boring! People may say it is the most enthralling game and its the exact opposite of boring but I am not particularly 'enthralled'. The only type of event that happens in the 90-odd minutes of play is the 'goal'. Otherwise you just see the ball going from one end to the other. Give me tennis any day where points keep getting scored or cricket where runs and wickets keep being taken. Scoring points in tennis or taking runs in cricket are more frequent events than scoring goals. I don't want to see hot-headed players banging on to each other, tripping, feigning injury, arguing with the referee and getting all sorts of cards. To be fair to them, it IS a very competitive sport and such things are bound to happen but I don't like to see it!

Playing football is fun although I'm a lousy player. But watching it is exasperating!!

No comments:

Post a Comment