Saturday 30 May 2009

OLPS - my school

Personally, I feel I would have been better off in Fatima High school or even if I had continued in MD Bhatia school. Parents (read mom) thought OLPS Chembur was the best option then!

OLPS had its strong points though. The best one being its cosmopolitan nature. There were very few linguistic sub-groups. A Tamil, a Sikh, a Catholic and a Maharashtrian could easily form a seamless group of friends who hang out. I'm glad I studied in that environment without prejudice of any kind against any community. Right now also, as our get-togethers keep happening, that feeling of 'one' community still remains.

Second advantage was the yearly reshuffling of classes. Student were not divided into divisions A,B, C and D based on their merit. It was rather a random process wherein every year threw a different combination of students in a class. At the end of the year, I knew everybody - all 60x4=240 odd students, so I ended up making more friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment